May 4, 2010

What's Next, Everest?

Have I mentioned my daughter loves to climb. She will climb everything and anything. She has mastered the bar stools, bed, chairs, couch, and now her CRIB. Yes, she figured out how to climb out of her crib Friday night! I felt like this was coming because Ms. Betty told us earlier in the week that Emory had climbed out of the playpen at day care. So Friday night Bradley and I heard her cry out and then a loud thud! Luckily she went feet first and was not hurt. I think us running in there and turning on the lights freaked her out more than the fall! After she did it the first time she was an old pro at it and was already on her way out again not 2 minutes after being put back in her crib. We were there this time to grab her before going over! So we improvised Friday night by turning her crib around backwards so the short side was against the wall but Saturday morning the toddler bed made its debut! I think she really likes it and for the most part stays in it! There was evidence that a little party occurred during the night Sunday morning, but other than that she has stayed in it.
She climbed onto her cube to get a better view!
Eating snacks in her new booster chair. She is no longer a fan of the highchair and wants to sit in the bar stools like Mommy and Daddy!
We were playing the where's your ..... game. I asked her where her nose was!
Then where her eyes were. You notice that she kept her finger on her nose and used her other hand to point to her eyes! What a mess!
Here she is having a mini-temper tantrum all because the hanger was stuck in the basket and she could not get it out. The words DRAMA QUEEN come to mind. She also has on her necklaces in this picture. They have become an integral part of her wardrobe as well as an old watch of mine! She wears them all the time!
Just hanging out in her chair.
She decided to "read" a magazine. She has started "reading" aloud now.
Add the coffee table to things she likes to climb!
And here she is in her BIG GIRL BED! Even though it is barely off the floor I still worry about her falling out so I stack pillows next to it just in case! So far she has stayed in it though!

No comments: