This past weekend my parents were down for a visit and Saturday my mom and I took Emory to the Lufkin Zoo. It is not a large zoo but it is nice and has many animals plus the Z & OO railroad which Emory loved. She really liked the animals especially the many peacocks which wander freely around the zoo. She had a great time and we will have to go back soon.
Tuocan Sam
The giraffes. There were several giraffes at the zoo including a few babies, but they were in the shadows and I could not get a good picture.
Emory liked the lions. I only got a picture of the "mommy" lion because the "daddy" lion would not look at us.
Emory was very excited to see that the lions and tigers played with balls too. In each of their pens there was this huge ball that I guess they roll around. She is still talking about the lion and tiger balls.
I tried to get her picture with this lion statue, but she was not having it. She was not sure what this was, she touched it but then bolted. This is as close as she would go after that.
There was about 15 turtles sunning on these rocks.
There were all kinds of different birds roaming freely around the zoo.
This mommy peacock and her three babies followed us around for a while. Emory really liked the peacocks.
She was also impressed with the big "lizard."
It opened it's eyes after a while and Emory thought that was funny.
After the Zoo we rode the Z & OO railroad (twice), which is a little train that takes you around the park. She would not look at me just the train, so this is the best picture I got.
Here she is getting ready to take off. She loved riding the choo choo train and is still talking about it.













No comments:
Post a Comment