A few weeks ago Emory switched from ballet to gymnastics. She liked ballet but there were a few older girls in the class and the little ones like Emory were getting left behind, so we decided to switch to gymnastics which is also offered at the recreation center. She LOVES it. Go figure, my fearless child who I found scaling the side of the stairs 9 feet in the air this weekend loves to flip, jump, and hang from bars! Yesterday afternoon I took off from work and took her to her class.
Here she is hanging from the rings. She was able to hang with her knees bent, in a pike, and the splits. She is pint size but strong.
Walking backwards on the beam.
And frontwards.
When they get to the end they get to jump off onto the mat. I think that is Emory's favorite part. She also likes the trampoline. She is also learning how to do a forward roll. I was very proud of how well she listened and followed instructions from her teacher. She did a fantastic job!
1 comment:
These pictures brought tears to my eyes. Our little girl is growing up!!! It seems like only yesterday when I would take my little three year old Hannah to the Balance Beam for gymnastics with Miss Belinda.
Post a Comment