This weekend was full of firsts for Emory. On Friday night we tried cereal for the first time because Emory was no longer getting full nor sleeping through the night. What a mess! I think she wore more than she ate, but she seems to like the cereal. She DOES NOT like having to wait for more cereal to be put on the spoon. Imagine that, an impatient baby! The first night she was not quite sure about the spoon, but we practiced a little and now she seems to understand its purpose, however she’s still a bit impatient with waiting for the food. Emory also surprised me by squirming out of her bouncy and nearly onto the floor! Saturday morning I was cleaning the kitchen and Emory was sitting in her bouncy watching me, so I thought. However, when I looked back at her she was on her way out of the bouncy and onto the floor! We will definitely be using her straps now when sitting in the bouncy. On Sunday, Tessa stopped by the house on her way back home and Emory and I got to meet Olivia Kate for the first time! For those of you that do not know, Olivia was born 5 days after Emory. The two girls watched as Tessa and I took tons of pictures and then we watched them “play.” While they played Emory managed to suck on Olivia’s hand and somehow Olivia’s dress ended up in her mouth too! If something’s near her mouth my child will find a way to chew on it! Although short, it was a great visit and I hope to get up to Fort Worth/Dallas for a longer visit with Tessa and Olivia, as well as see Clancy, Maggie, Nicole and baby Hudson who was born the day before Emory!
Third attempt at eating cereal. Still wearing it!
What's this mom?
Wearing it rather than eating it!
First attempt at eating cereal.



No comments:
Post a Comment