June 15, 2009

Blueberries, Tutu's, & Green Beans

This weekend was full of new experiences for Emory. On Saturday my Mom, Cameron, Noah, Emory, and I went to the Blueberry Festival downtown and it was HOT! Emory was such a good little girl and really enjoyed riding around in her stroller and watching all the people, plus she came home with a few goodies! She also enjoyed “playing” with her big cousin Noah. He is really good with her and even helped her go to sleep by patting her head real gently. That night Emory slept in her crib (in her room) for the first time and did not wake up until morning! YEAH Emory! I am still getting use to the idea of her sleeping in her room, so Bradley slept on the couch in the living room which is closer to her room then our bedroom. She is such an active sleeper that she needs her own space and more room than the bassinet has to offer. Plus she has never been a huge fan of the bassinet and winds up in our bed, so I know she is better off in her crib. I just wish it was not so far away! On Sunday Emory was a bit fussy do to those pesky teeth, so we just hung out at the house all day. We did manage to try on a tutu that she received as a present when she was born. All I can say is TOO CUTE! Sunday evening Bradley and I decided to introduce vegetables now that she is 5 months old and loves cereal, so she tried green beans. I am not quite sure how she feels about green beans. She ate them but made the funniest faces when doing so. I think she is still making up her mind as to whether or not she likes them. I accidentally tried some myself and all I can say is GROSS. The real ones are much better Emory, I promise!

Emory trying on her tutu!
Emory eating her tutu!
Playing peek-a-boo with mommy!
Modeling her new flower bow she got at the Blueberry Festival!