We had a very fun and busy weekend, which included cutting down our Christmas tree, decorating it, and attending the lighted Christmas parade. Every year Bradley and I go to a local Christmas tree farm and pick out our Christmas tree. Emory seemed to enjoy picking out the tree and really liked it when it fell to the ground. We yelled TIMBER and clapped for daddy who cut it down. Later that evening we went to the Christmas parade which had over 100 lighted floats. Our town is the oldest in Texas and its history is celebrated during November and December through the Nine Flags Festival. The floats in the Christmas parade have to represent at least one of the nine flags that have flown over Nacogdoches and of course Christmas. Emory really seemed to enjoy the parade but got a little sleepy towards the end. On Sunday we decorated our big Christmas tree plus a little one for Emory’s room. I started a Santa ornament collection for her and her little tree is decorated with Santa’s. Emory also surprised us again with her climbing abilities and took it upon herself to climb the 6 foot ladder I was using to decorate the tree. She sure is strong for such a little thing and does not seem to be afraid of heights. All in all we had a wonderful weekend and I think Emory really had fun! Now I have to get busy wrapping presents!
Our Christmas tree!
She was quite proud of herself after she reached the top.

This is the tree we picked out. It is 10 feet tall!
One of the floats!
Emory loved the horses!
Every parade needs Elvis singing Christmas carols!
I thought this float was cute!
Emory had a good time watching the Christmas parade!









No comments:
Post a Comment