Emory got a potty chair for her 1st birthday and for the last few months I have been putting her on it before her bath and talking about going potty. She usually just sits there for a few seconds and then jumps up and runs to the bath tub. Then a few weeks ago she discovered that if she stood in it the sensor would trigger and music would play. Since then I have been explaining to her that the music will also play if she goes potty in her potty chair. Last night Bradley undressed her while I ran her bath water, which is our routine, and then Emory typically runs in and sits on her potty chair. Well last night after she came in the bathroom I point in the direction of the potty chair and said, “Go potty!” Well she did, except she was sitting on the floor next to the potty chair. She was still proud of herself and applauded her effort all the way to the tub! Now I just have to figure out if this was a fluke or if she understands the concept of going potty, however I know NOW not to utter the word potty until she is seated on the chair!
In other “firsts” news, Emory said her first “sentence” this past weekend. Emory’s first sentence was…. “Mine Mommy Mine.” She said it with such authority and conviction too! This week she has added a few more, “Daddy Outside?” and “Doggie Night Night?”
After Emory gets out of the tub her favorite thing to do is pretend she is a bird. She runs around the house in her towel flapping her “wings” shouting tweet, tweet, and laughing hysterically. This picture was taken during one of her “flights!”

No comments:
Post a Comment