July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday America

My parents came Saturday morning for a visit, which worked out great because Bradley and I had a wedding to attend that night and I was nervous about Emory Grace attending. She is in this I think I am hysterical so why don’t I put on a show for everyone phase. So that evening we headed out and my parents kept Emory. Then Sunday we shopped a little, visited a little, and went for a late lunch where Emory ate a TREMENDOUS amount of food. We went to a local buffet style restaurant where kids under a certain age eat free. We joked that they are going to charge Emory the next time because she ate like a BIG kid! I joke about it, but I feel very fortunate that Emory eats so well and that she loves fruit and veggies! Then after our lunch my parents headed back to Arkansas, that still sounds weird to say, and we had a semi-quiet afternoon. We were going to go watch the fireworks, but Bradley’s dad re-hurt his back and ended up in the hospital last night. He is doing much better now. I told Bradley when he got back from the hospital that next year we need to just sit out in our driveway and watch the fireworks our neighbors down the road do. They put on quite the show. Luckily, Emory slept through it all, even Cole’s incessant barking. He does not like loud bangs and booms! So this year we had a very relaxing low key quiet 4th of July and a great visit with grandma and pawpaw!
This is the look I got when I said, "Say CHEESE!"
Emory modeling her slippers and necklaces.
Working on her walk or should I say strut!
This is a picture from when Bradley and I were at the wedding!

No comments: