August 24, 2011

Catch Up

Long time no blog! It has been quite the week in a half. I mentioned in my last post that Cason woke up two Saturdays ago sneezing and with a running nose. Well I caught his cold first. It hit me hard last Monday morning and by 2:15 I was headed home and to bed. That is where I stayed all day Tuesday until Bradley came home with IT that afternoon. Also last Tuesday Mimi’s dog Honey died of old age. Emory knows that Honey died but she of course can’t conceptualize what that means. She asked us for a few days why Honey died, but now just brings it up when she goes to Mimi’s house. She did tell me the other day that she missed Honey and wanted to draw a picture of her. I feel like she has handled Honey’s death well, or as well as a 2 ½ year old can.


I still was not feeling all that great Wednesday but had a meeting I had to go to, so I managed to drag myself to work. By Friday Bradley and I were feeling better. I still was horse and had a cough, but thought I was on my way back to 100%. Saturday Emory and I went grocery shopping and then came home and played and did a little cleaning. By that evening I was feeling horrible and running a fever. Sunday it was worse, so I drug myself to the doctor Monday morning and learned I had strep throat and bronchitis. One painful penicillin shot later and $69 worth of medications I am finally starting to feel better. Now I just pray that no one else in the Cobb clan catches any of it! And that is why I have not blogged in nearly two weeks! I did manage to take a few pictures.

Cason tried out his high chair for the first time last week and Emory made sure that he had plenty of toys to chew on. Still no teeth, ugh!



This was the best picture I could get of them. I tried and tired to get them both to look at me, but it was not happening. Emory brought her stool over by his highchair to play with him.


One night last week Cason fell asleep while having his bottle. I put him in his chair while I went to get ready for bed, but did not strap him in because Bradley was right there and I was afraid I would wake him. When I came back Bradley showed me this picture. He is our little rollie pollie.


Saturday before my fever hit I was doing a little vacuuming under the couch cushions and Emory decided to build a "water slide" with the cushions and pillows.


She then decided to jump from the couch onto the "trampoline" (the water slide was now a trampoline) and ended up doing a cheek first dive into the coffee table. Here she is with frosty bear and Dot just after the tears stopped.


Cason tried sweet potatoes Sunday evening and loved them. He has also decided that peas are not so bad either!



I had the camera ready in case Cason made a silly face after trying sweet potatoes, but since he didn't Emory gave me one!

No comments: