March 31, 2012

Barnyard Birthday Bash

Today we celebrated Cason's first birthday with a barnyard birthday party!
The party was low key with just family. We served barbecue for lunch with all the fixin's and then just visited and watched the kids play.
The birthday boy!
Cason's birthday cake.
Thank you Aunt Rachel for making such a cute and yummy cake!
It was perfect!
I found this tractor candle and had to buy it for his cake. Yes, I know a one year old cannot blow out a candle but that is what big sisters are for!
My sweet boy. He had such a good time today.
Cason enjoying his barbecue lunch!
I did not get Cason a smash cake because his birthday cake also had cupcakes, so I gave him a cupcake to "smash." He was not too sure about it at first. Then he thought it was a ball and tried to throw it. Once he got a taste of the icing he realized it was food and ate a little. I think he was to full from lunch to really enjoy it, but he had a great time playing with it!
All the kids helped Cason open his presents because he was too enthralled with the tissue paper to open them! Who knew tissue paper could be so entertaining!
Cason checking out his new farmer book.
Mckenzie having fun with a ribbon.
Emory playing with the balloons. She was everywhere today. She had such a good time playing with Noah and Mckenzie that this was the only picture I got where she was somewhat looking at me.
Aunt Cameron and her new baby Tucker who does not know he is a dog!
We tried to take pictures this afternoon but Emory and Cason were both tired and in need of a nap. This was the only one that turned out somewhat decent.

Cason had a great time at his party. I could tell he really enjoyed himself because he was all smiles all day. I want to thank everyone for coming and sharing Cason's birthday with us.

No comments: