My Mother's Day started off with a certain little girl jumping into bed with me at 6:30 this morning. Then it was church, Sunday school, and lunch.
Later the kids gave me my Mother's Day presents. I got a beautiful bookmark and pot holder from Emory and Cason that they made at Ms. Betty's and Bradley got me a new cookbook.
We had a rough afternoon with more tears than smiles. Emory did not take a nap other then the 10 minutes she slept on the way home and Cason took a short nap but still seemed tired. I think he is still worn out from yesterday.
This is what my living room looked like this afternoon, and this is nothing compared to their bedrooms. It is a never ending battle keeping things picked up and somewhat neat (Cason is a pro at dragging things out of his room), but I would not trade it for anything because these smiles make it all worth it, even if they are fake Emory Grace!
Emory and Cason ~
I love you very very much and am so very thankful to be your mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment