I have called poison control three times since becoming a mother. Once when Emory was little and somehow got a hold of and the lid off a tube of A & D Ointment. Then again about two months ago when Cason used Emory's stool to climb the shelves in their bathroom cabinet where he found the Neosporin. He too got the lid off and was licking the tube when I found him. The third time was this morning when Cason decided to take a bite out of my deodorant. Thankfully deodorant does not appeal to his taste buds and I think between him spitting and me digging we got most of it out. I went ahead and called poison control because I was not sure if or how much he had swallowed, plus the phrase "better safe then sorry" always seems to run through my mind. I was surprised to learn that deodorant is toxic and can cause someone to become very ill. I followed their instructions and gave him milk and food to eat immediately and waited to see if he was going to get sick. Thankfully he hasn't. Of the three times I have called poison control, the deodorant was the one that I was the least concerned about and ended up being the one that could make him the sickest. Lesson learned, no more assuming.
2 comments:
Glad he is ok!!!!!
Thanks! The little stinker managed to do all of that in the minute I was washing my face. He is so quick!
Post a Comment