Four years ago tonight I laid in my hospital bed holding a beautiful baby girl with big blue eyes. I instantly loved her. I wondered who she would look like, if her hair would stay dark brown and her eyes blue. What her personality would be like and who she would take after. I ended up holding her all night because I just could not let her go (probably why she would ONLY sleep if she was held for the first 6 weeks of her life). Now she is four.
Somewhere along the way her hair changed from dark brown to blond. She learned to talk and to talk back. She learned to skip and to count. She can write her name, although the m and r are not always perfect. She is a clown, a cowgirl, a princess, and tomboy all rolled into one. She is hysterical and inquisitive. She loves books, puzzles, horses, and the outdoors.
She loves to throw in adjectives when she really wants something. Some of her favorites are beautiful, cute, marvelous, and lovely. Her favorite word right now is actually. She loves to shop. Her favorite stores are Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart. Her favorite restaurant is Chili's. She is not a picky eater, but definitely a slow one. Some of her favorite foods are macaroni & cheese, rice with gravy, roast, oranges, and cheese. She is petite but tall.
She can throw a ball and swing a bat. She loves working with her dad and getting dirty. She is loving, silly, stubborn, and witty. She loves her brother and he her. She is growing up so fast but she will always be my baby girl, even if she doesn't like me telling her so. As she reminded me this morning she is a big girl now, not a baby!
Happy Birthday Emory! I love you and always will!
No comments:
Post a Comment