May 1, 2012

Here Comes The Bride

This evening Emory and I were cuddling on the couch when an engagement ring commercial came on television. Here is the conversation that followed:

Emory- You have a married ring momma.
Me- Yes, Daddy gave it to me when we got married.
Emory- I wasn't born yet, right?
Me- No, you were not born yet. Mommy and Daddy had you after we got married.
Emory- I went to a wedding yesterday. (yesterday means anytime in the past)
Me- Yes, we went to Crystals wedding last year. Do you remember going and her pretty dress?
Emory- I have a pretty wedding dress.
Me- Yes you do.
Emory- I going to get married tomorrow. (tomorrow means anytime in the future)
Me- Yes, you can get married one day.
Emory- Somebody needs to get me a boy.

Oh my! I couldn't help but laugh because she was so serious. We discussed this further and Emory is now in agreement that she needs to grow up before she gets married. She agreed to wait until she is 7!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Found you through Kelly's linkup. I'm also from East Texas! Cute blog!