January 22, 2010

Emory's First Week Being 1

On Monday Emory had her one year check-up and it made me a little sad when they weighed her on the "big kids" scale for the first time and not the "baby" scale. It was another reminder that she is 1 now and growing up. She weighed 18 pounds 6 ounces and was 29 inches long, so even though she is 1 she is still pint sized. She was in the 13th percentile in weight and 50th in height and as her doctor says, she is just petite. I really thought she was going to weigh closer to 20 pounds given the amount of food she has been consuming lately but I was wrong! She got a clean bill of health from her doctor and that is all I care about. She had to get 4 shots however which made her feel puny the rest of the day and caused her to run a slight fever. Then she woke up early Tuesday morning with a 102.2 fever and ran fever all day. She is also cutting a tooth right now(# 9) and is congested so between the shots, tooth, and nose she was not feeling well at all the beginning of the week.


Emory was helping me clean up by putting her Lego's back in the bag and decided to put her sippy cup in there as well.

She put the whole phone to her ear and said hello! She cracks me up!

Going for a ride on rocket ship! She loves this thing and goes everywhere on it!

Ready to go exploring in her wagon. I pulled her all over the place in this thing on Sunday! She loved it!

Getting reading to climb her little slide she got for her birthday!

I think someone is going to have curly hair like their mommy!

"Helping" take down her party decorations! I love this face!

Snuggling with Dot "aka blankie bear" while riding Patches the cow!

No comments: