Emory's favorite song these days is "If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands." She immediately starts clapping her hands when I start singing it and continues to clap until the song is over. She loves that song! She is also dancing more and more which consists of her bouncing up and down to the beat! She dances to me singing, her toys that make noise, the TV, and her cartoons. It's funny because certain commercial jingles really catch her attention and you can tell she prefers some more than others. Last night she decided it would be fun to walk in mommy shoes. I think we may be buying some dress up shoes in the future, because Emory loved walking around in them.
Please excuse her dirty clothes, she apparently spilled a bit of her lunch on herself!
Then there are those moments when we are not happy and EVERYONE knows it! Last night after dinner, Emory wanted to unload the dishwasher while Bradley was trying to load it. I went over and explained that it was not time to unload it (which she loves doing, I will have to remind her of this when she is older) and told her no. This immediately made her mad and she proceeded to fall down and throw a fit. So I picked her up and carried her into our bedroom (carpet is softer than tile) and let her cry, scream, and throw a good one.
And she did! After a few minutes she was done and on to something else! It is so hard not to laugh at her when she does this because she is SO pathetic and sad, but of course we don't because we do not want to encourage that behavior! I just hope she grows out of this soon, because we go through this EVERY time she does not get her way!



No comments:
Post a Comment